Centralise output management of your printer fleet
Fiery® Central integrates multiple Fiery Driven™ digital printers, and other select printers, into an unified print production system that uses common prepress tools and communicates with business management systems.
Workflow Integration Hub
Fiery® Central combines printer resources with access to the wealth of Fiery Workflow Suite applications for prepress tasks. The built-in Fiery JDF technology also allows integration to business management systems.
By using a common, intuitive visual user interface — the award-winning Fiery Command WorkStation® — Fiery Central becomes an ultimate production workflow integration hub.
- Produce work faster and more cost-effectively — Combine print resources and control up to 12 printers for efficient production. Centralised output management improves digital print production capacity, turnaround, and productivity.
- Adapt to complex customer needs — Fiery Central provides easy access to the Fiery Workflow Suite, a comprehensive set of advanced products that streamline and automate print processes for a new level of productivity from job submission to output. By adding these modular products when you need them, you can increase automation, adapt to changing customer needs, and grow with new higher-profit, value-added services such as book printing and document assembly.
- Grow by seamlessly integrating leading business management systems — Fiery Central uses certified, industry-standard job definition format (JDF) integration to cut costs by enabling end-to-end business workflow automation from ordering to production. It also helps you be more competitive by offering new products and services.
The latest version of Fiery Central offers new and enhanced features
Starting from Fiery® Central v2.7, users can take advantage of free Fiery JobFlow Base, running right from your Fiery Central server and having access from anywhere in your network to automate various prepress tasks.
In order to install the latest JobFlow on your Fiery Central server,
- Update your Fiery Central to the latest version.
- Launch Fiery Software Manager.
- Select the latest Command WorkStation® if there’s an update.
- Select Fiery JobFlow and download.
If you are a Fiery JobFlow user already, launch your JobFlow to check if there’s an update.
In addition to the free Fiery JobFlow Base, users can upgrade to the paid Fiery JobFlow version to expand workflow automation and prepress capabilities. Check out Fiery JobFlow page and the comparison table for more details.
Fiery Central v2.8 New Features
- Architecture redesign for dramatic performance improvements, such as
- Process multiple jobs at the same time, for example by processing jobs to printer group A and printer group B at the same time.
- Imposition performance enhancements
- Enhance the capabilities of the printer to produce complex jobs, for example jobs with subset finishing or multi- bank tabs, when the printer is unable to natively support the workflow. Fiery Central will detect the scenario and automatically optimize the job for the printer to produce complex jobs such as these. Note: The Fiery Central advanced processing is available only for Konica Minolta bizhub PRO and PRESS printers.
- Single Banner Page per job not per copy.
- Enhanced Fiery Central scaling and centering print options.
Fiery Central v2.7 New Features
- New printer support: the following Fiery servers and printers have been been added to the Fiery Central supported printers page.
- Canon Océ VarioPRINT DP 135/120/110
- Color Controller E-83A and E-43A for Ricoh Pro C7100 series
- Color Controller E-83 and E-43 for Ricoh Pro C9100 series
- Color Controller E42B for Ricoh Pro C5100S and E-22B for Ricoh Pro C5100S/C5110S and MP C6502/C8002
- Subset Finishing support for the Kodak® DIGIMASTER
- Offset Sets and Finish Sets features are available for the supported Konica Minolta bizhub PRO and PRESS printers.
Fiery® Central base software can run on your own PC system tightly integrated with Fiery Command WorkStation® 5 user interface. You can also purchase the new Fiery Central server that is optimised to run the pre-loaded Fiery Central software. Fiery Central enables the access to the integrated Fiery Workflow Suite products such as Fiery Impose, JobMaster and JobFlow, all being launched from the same, intuitive Fiery Command WorkStation 5 interface.
Fiery Central Software
- Requires Windows® 7 Professional/Ultimate 64-bit, 2.0GHz dual core processor or above, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, DVD drive, 1 USB port for Fiery Central dongle.
- Includes printer licences for 3 Fiery Driven™ Printers.
- Includes Fiery Command WorkStation 5.4 or later.
- Includes Fiery Central Balance features.
- Supports a maximum of 12 printer licences.
Fiery Central Server (Optional)
- Comes with Fiery Central Server optimised to run the pre-loaded Fiery Central Software.
- Includes printer licences for 3 Fiery Driven engines.
- Includes Fiery Command WorkStation 5.7 or later.
- Includes Fiery Central Balance features.
- Supports up to maximum of 12 printer licences.
- Intel Core i5-4570S (Up to 3.6GHz, Quad Core, 6MB cache), 4GB RAM, 1TB 7200rpm HDD, Windows 7 Professional 64-bit.
Fiery Workflow Suite Products (Optional)
- Fiery Impose: visual, intuitive and interactive document imposition.
- Fiery JobMaster: advanced tab features, scanning workflow, page numbering and more.
- Fiery JobMaster-Impose: integrates all makeready tasks in a common application.
- Fiery JobFlow: browser-based PDF workflow automation for a single Fiery or multi Fiery server environment.
Access free Fiery Central on-demand learning materials including elearning courses, express videos, simulation learning, how-to guides, and more.
Fiery WorkFlow Suite Brochure
Produce more, adapt to customer needs and grow your business.
Fiery Central Brochure
Fiery Central integrates multiple Fiery Driven digital printers, and other select printers into a unified print production system that uses common prepress tools and communicates with business management systems.
Fiery, Fiery Central and Digital StoreFront: OhioHealth case study
OhioHealth uses Fiery Command WorkStation to integrate its monochrome devices to Digital StoreFront, automating the file intake and production, creating a significantly streamlined process where jobs require fewer touches.
EFI Digital Storefront and Fiery Workflow Suite: Arlington County case study
Integrated EFI Digital StoreFront and Fiery Workflow Suite (Fiery Impose, Compose, JobMaster and Fiery Central) boosts productivity with Arlington County’s fleet of digital presses.
Fiery® Central brings production workflow together with multiple printers and enables the access to the integrated Fiery Workflow Suite offerings.
Please note, printers that do not have a Fiery DFE option must pass Fiery Central certification testing and are listed below. Fiery DFEs are compatible with Fiery Central and thus are not listed in the menu below.
For older version of Fiery Central (version 1.x.x) supported printers, please reference this list.