Next-generation color technology for Fiery Driven printers
Get more color from your printers
Fiery Edge technology delivers out-of-the box color and quality, plus controls to fine-tune results for Fiery Edge-compatible Fiery digital front ends.
Fiery® Edge™ technology gets the most precise and stunning results from Fiery Driven™ printers. It achieves the best-possible gamut for both spot and process color reproduction.
Fiery Edge profiling technology
Fiery® Edge™ profiling technology delivers out-of-the-box color and quality enhancements for Fiery Driven™ printers. Out-of-the-box Fiery Edge profiles deliver high-accuracy, plus:
- Smoother color transitions and blends
- Enhanced shadow detail in neutral and chromatic areas
- Better blacks for more dynamic range
- More image definition, depth, and clarity
- Superior rendering of RGB images containing blues and reds
- Support for up to 8 color channels
With Fiery Color Profiler Suite, custom Fiery Edge profiles can be created for Fiery Edge-compatible digital front ends. Creating custom Fiery Edge profiles provides control over:
- Color saturation
- Gamut maximization
- Shadow levels for maximum details
- Black introduction for smooth color-to-black transitions
- Black point characteristics for maximum dynamic range and image depth
Fiery Edge spot color technology
Fiery Edge spot color processing leverages Fiery Edge profiling technology to deliver significant improvements to spot color accuracy, including:
- Up to 20% dE 2000 improvement in spot colors near or outside of the gamut for CMYK printers
- Up to a 40% improvement in dE values for spot colors near or outside of the gamut
Configurable Fiery Edge spot color processing
With Fiery Spot Pro, operators can take advantage of configurable options in Fiery Edge spot color processing.
Cleaner color appearance
Operators can choose from several options to produce a cleaner color appearance.
- Remove a color from a spot color recipe that contains a very low value, most most noticeable in light colors.
- Use 100% of a color in a spot color recipe when it is already 95% or higher, which avoids white stippling in dark or saturated colors.
Reduce number of inks/toners used in spot color recipes
Fiery Edge spot color processing can deliver potential cost savings by limiting spot color recipes to 3 colors plus black. Operators can also control how much non-black ink/toner will be used in gray spot color recipes.
And, for CMYK+ printers, Fiery Edge spot color processing can produce more stable spot colors by preventing any inconsistency in how a press lays down 6 or more colors in a single area, which can also help prevent metamerism effects.
With built-in Fiery Edge profiles
Most Fiery servers running FS400 software and above have built-in Fiery Edge profiles. Visit the Fiery Digital Print Servers page for model-specific information. All Fiery servers driving cutsheet printers can take advantage of custom Fiery Edge profiles created with Fiery Color Profiler Suite version 5.3 and later.
Fiery XF servers running version 7.0 and later support Fiery Edge profiles created with Fiery Color Profiler Suite version 5.3.
With built-in Fiery Edge spot color technology
Fiery Edge spot color processing is the default spot color technology included with Fiery servers running FS600 software and above.
Configurable Fiery Edge spot color processing options are available to users who have Fiery Spot Pro, part of Fiery Graphic Arts Pro Package, Fiery ColorRight Package, or Fiery Graphic Arts Package, Premium Edition (FS200 Pro/FS300 Pro/FS350 Pro only).