Agfa Apogee Integration
Get the best of both worlds with hybrid workflows
The hybrid workflow allows you to take advantage of the strengths of traditional offset and Fiery Driven™ digital presses.
Many print service providers now use digital presses to cost-effectively meet the increasing demand for short runs, fast turnaround and value-added services. But many digital presses still don’t integrate into offset workflows efficiently or profitably.
Now Fiery and Agfa™ deliver a hybrid print workflow that integrates Fiery digital print servers into one of the most popular prepress workflow systems available in the market, Agfa :Apogee Prepress. It allows you to take advantage of the strengths of traditional offset and Fiery Driven™ digital presses.
The integration of Agfa :Apogee Prepress workflow and Fiery servers makes it easy and quick to direct jobs to the most appropriate print devices for the best production and highest cost efficiency. Using the familiar and intuitive user interface, Apogee users control a unified prepress workflow that shares the same job ticket and print-ready files for multiple devices providing:
Offset and digital hybrid workflow
- Provides prepress workflow integration combining offset and digital printing with built-in industry-standard JDF capability.
- Controls multiple devices, offset and digital, from one single Agfa :Apogee Prepress user interface.
- Delivers the benefits of digital presses: quick initial short run, short-run reprints, quick digital proofs, variable data printing.
The right choice for every job
- Minimises costs and increases efficiency on every job by routing jobs to the most appropriate and cost-effective devices based on job parameters and profiles.
- Eliminates touchpoints by mapping job settings from the :Apogee Prepress system to Fiery Driven™ devices through JDF/JMF communications.
- Gives flexible choices to control colour and layout imposition either through the :Apogee Prepress system or the Fiery server.
Highly integrated user interface to eliminate touchpoints
- Automatically synchronises media libraries with Fiery Paper Catalog, allowing :Apogee Prepress users to directly access the full list of available media in the Fiery Driven digital presses.
- Retrieves and maps device-specific capabilities such as inline finishing, allowing users to set finishing parameters right from the :Apogee Prepress user interface.
- Updates real-time job status and messaging information to monitor multiple devices from one place.