Fiery Color and Imaging
Consistent, accurate color and exceptional image quality
Fiery® servers provide state-of-the-art imaging technology, combined with expert color management tools, to deliver high-quality images with the accurate, consistent color customers want.
View the Fiery Color and Imaging workflow
View the Fiery Command WorkStation 6 Color Settings Best Practices PDF and Video
Fiery color management
Fiery® color management tools give you maximum control over color quality. ICC-based color management technology is integrated in every Fiery server and works directly with advanced controls in Fiery Command WorkStation®. Fiery Color Profiler Suite is integrated with the Fiery server to create best-in-class ICC output profiles for each substrate in a few simple steps.
Excellent out-of-the-box color
Fiery servers deliver professional color quality right out of the box. Easy-to-use tools ensure the accuracy and consistency every printing business requires. The latest Fiery digital front ends benefit from Fiery’s next-generation color profiling technology Fiery Edge™ which further enhances out-of-the-box results.
Dependable color accuracy
- Achieve the best match for logo and brand colors
- Shorten turnaround times by printing on multiple print engines capable of producing the same output
- Reduce job rejections with reliable reproduction of complex, graphically-rich content files
- Produce color to a specified standard at all times
All the tools you need to get your color right – Fiery Color Profiler Suite
Fiery Color Profiler Suite offers a comprehensive set of market-leading color management tools that provide integrated color quality control at every stage of the printing workflow. Creating custom profiles using this technology ensures color reproduction is always accurate, consistent and reliable. It is the only profiling toolset on the market to integrate directly with both toner and inkjet Fiery servers. This seamless integration enables even a novice user to succeed at profiling a printer and paper combination, and then verifying the precision of color matching in just a few quick steps. It is also tightly integrated with Fiery Command WorkStation features such as Calibrator, Spot-On™ and Fiery ImageViewer. For users of the latest Fiery digital front ends, Fiery Edge profiling technology offers further user controls with Color Profiler Suite to enhance output such as boosting color saturation, and advanced black controls.
Fiery offers a selection of spectrophotometers to precisely measure color with Fiery Color Profiler Suite in order to match industry color standards such as ISO, FOGRA and GRACoL (G7).
Fiery imaging technology
Fiery servers give you the highest level of performance and image quality, even on complex jobs with gradients, transparencies or overprints — even in VDP elements. The controls in Fiery Command WorkStation Job Properties provide complete access to all Fiery imaging features to ensure jobs print as the print buyer expects.
Exceptional image quality
- Automatic correction of potential mis-registration
- Smooth low-resolution images
- Sharpen and smooth black text and line art and minimize jaggies
- Eliminate “stair stepping” gradient shades in vector images
- Reproduce overprinted elements correctly
Easy image adjustments with Fiery Image Enhance Visual Editor
- On-the-fly correction for individual images without modifying design files
- Manual controls also allow visual adjustment for:
- Color balance and skin tones
Image Enhance Visual Editor
Use Fiery Image Enhance Visual Editor to easily adjust color images
Image Enhance Visual Editor is an easy, interactive Fiery Command WorkStation® plug-in that offers on-the-fly correction for individual images – without the need to go back to the original design files. It provides real-time image editing with visual feedback and eliminates the need for additional image-editing software, to streamline image correction in the workflow. It lets you:
- Fix images late in the production process after the job has already been submitted to the Fiery server
- Correct tone and color, and sharpen or smooth individual images on the page
- Achieve automatic red eye correction with an on-screen preview
- Watch Video: Fiery Image Enhance Visual Editor demonstration
- Watch Video: Fiery Image Enhance Visual Editor overview
- How-to: Improve image quality with Fiery Image Enhance Visual Editor
How to buy:
Fiery Image Enhance Visual Editor comes standard with external Fiery servers*. You can also get it as part of the Fiery Productivity Package for certain embedded servers.
*Some Fiery System 9R2 servers may have Image Enhance Visual Editor as part of the Fiery Graphic Arts Package.
Fiery Spot-On & Spot Pro
Fiery spot color management
From corporate branding to high-level color matching in commercial print settings, it’s essential to print consistent, predictable spot colors right the first time, every time. Fiery offers two methods for managing spot colors on a Fiery digital front end (DFE): Fiery Spot-On™ and Fiery Spot Pro.
Fiery Spot-On: standard spot color management capabilitiesAvailability:
- Standard on all external Fiery servers
- Standard on many embedded Fiery servers, others may require an optional package to enable
Key features include:
- Create custom spot colors
- Edit spot colors
- Capture spot colors with a spectrophotometer
- Create substitute colors
- Print swatch book
Fiery Spot Pro: advanced spot color management for production environments
Requires one of the following software packages to enable:
- Fiery Graphic Arts Pro Package for external Fiery servers running FS400 Pro or newer software
- Fiery ColorRight Package for embedded Fiery servers running FS400 or newer software
Fiery Spot Pro includes all functionality from Spot-On, plus the following features:
- Export/import spot color libraries in Adobe® Swatch Exchange (.ase) or Color Exchange Format (.cxf)
- Use a spot color alias to simplify spot color management
- Create custom swatch books
- Edit spot colors in multiple device spaces, including L*a*b
- Create custom spot color recipes that include specialty colors (supported engines only)
- View gamut warnings across an entire spot color library
- Customize Delta E tolerance and standard to meet your production needs
View a full comparison between Spot-On and Spot Pro here.
Access free e-learning courses on Learning@Fiery.
PANTONE Color Libraries
PANTONE-approved Fiery servers
We are pleased to offer a variety of PANTONE® Color Libraries that can be downloaded to your Fiery® server today (not applicable for Fiery XF or Fiery eXpress). No matter what design software you use, loading the latest libraries on the Fiery server ensures spot color output is achievable and consistent to match brand colors for all your jobs.
It is easy to produce PANTONE colors with your Fiery server. Just follow the steps in this guide.
For any questions about how Fiery servers support the latest PANTONE Color Libraries, contact your Fiery supplier. You can also join us at the Fiery Communities and ask the experts.
Download PANTONE Color Libraries
Fill out this form to download the PANTONE Color Libraries, as well as legacy and current ICC source profiles for your Fiery server.
Next-generation color profiling technology
Fiery® Edge™ profiling technology delivers out-of-the-box color and quality enhancements for Fiery Driven™ printers. Out-of-the-box Fiery Edge profiles deliver high-accuracy, plus:
- Smoother color transitions and blends
- Enhanced shadow detail in neutral and chromatic areas
- Better blacks for more dynamic range
- More image definition, depth, and clarity
- Superior rendering of RGB images containing blues and reds
- Support for up to 8 color channels
Available with Fiery servers running FS400 software and above, as well as Fiery XF version 7.2 servers and above.
With Fiery Color Profiler Suite 5.3 and above, custom Fiery Edge profiles can be created for Fiery Edge-compatible digital front ends. Creating custom Fiery Edge profiles provides control over:
- Color saturation
- Gamut maximization
- Shadow levels for maximum details
- Black introduction for smooth color-to-black transitions
- Black point characteristics for maximum dynamic range and image depth
How to check which Fiery system software your cutsheet Fiery server is running.
Fiery Color and Imaging resources:
- Brochure: Fiery Color Profiler Suite
- Diagram: Fiery color and imaging workflow
- Fiery Command WorkStation 6 Color Settings FS300: Best Practices PDF and Video
- Fiery Command WorkStation 6 Color Settings FS200: Best Practices PDF and Video
- Fiery Command WorkStation 5 Color Settings: Fiery Color Flowchart 2016 and Video
- How-to: Print the Ghent PDF Output Suite v5.0 on Fiery servers
- Fiery Community Forum: Fiery Communities
- Webinar: Best Practices for Matching Industry Color Standards
- Webinar: Preparing Files for Digital Print
- Webinar: 3 Key Steps to Getting the Right Color
- Webinar: The ABCs of Producing the Best Match for Spot Colors
Download source color profiles
New source color profiles can be easily downloaded to your Fiery server. Staying updated with the latest industry color standards is simple and allows better matching to modern print conditions. Fiery servers also support standard ICC source color profiles from industry organizations and third-party applications.
Fill out this form to download the source color profiles.
Ghent PDF Output Suite
The Ghent Workgroup produces specifications that have long been the de facto standard for exchange of PDF documents in graphic arts. The specifications define rules for determining if PDF documents are compliant.
The suite is fully supported and processed correctly by the latest versions of Fiery proServer and Fiery XF for wide format, plus Fiery FS100 Pro servers and above for cutsheet.
Altona Test Suite 2
The Altona Test Suite is an industry benchmark tool consisting of a set of PDF files, specifically designed for testing digital output devices – in particular, proofing solutions, conventional and digital print systems.
Since Fiery servers based on FS100 Pro and above properly print the Altona Test Suite, it guarantees that Fiery technology is fully PDF/X-4 compliant.
Download the Altona Test Suite to test your digital prepress and print workflows’ capability to process PDF/X4.
External Fiery print servers offer the native Adobe PDF Print engine. Only Fiery servers have been awarded the designation of printing the perfect PDF by the VIGC group in 2012. VIGC developed the PDF RIP Audit to determine which systems can render print jobs correctly and consistently. Fiery FS100 Pro and above can render every print job exactly as expected, earning the honor of a “Perfect” label.
Download the Fiery server Perfect Pass VIGC sample to test your digital print server’s capability to print PDF files exactly as the designer intended; perfectly rendering transparencies, overprints and mixed color spaces.